Amazon is one of the largest online stores in the world. You can buy all kinds of goods at once, from books, home and living stuff, electronics, gadgets, clothing to toys and so on! In addition, Amazon's shopping process is also the easiest and simplest, you can complete your shopping without many complicated procedures, so if you want to try online shopping oversea for the first time, try amazon.com! There are a good news for us which living in asia, Amazon provides over 30 million products available to ship to over 100 countries, it also provides extra calculate additions such as shipping and import fees. To know more about international shipping, let’s go through our guide below!
Go to Amazon website, If you are new to Amazon, click “Account & lists”, there are a drop down list, click “Start here.” to register a new Amazon account.
(If you are already an Amazon member, just sign in and continue your shopping! Go Step 3.)
To create new account, you now have to fill in your name, email address, plus a password. After you have added your simple details, click “Create your amazon account” to submit your details.
Now you can start your first shopping experience in Amazon website! To explore your desired products, you can type the product name in the searching box or search by departments.
- You can explore some new & interesting finds by clicking the banner that on the top.
- You can also find limited-time sales on Deal of the day!
You will reach a searching page which full of products after you typing your wanted item. Simply click on the product photo or product title which you want to know more.
- Column at the left hand side can help you shop efficient by filter out unwanted condition.
- Don’t forget to check out the product rating and previous customer reviews before choosing to buy an item.
- To shop wisely by comparing price before buying, you can go [Comparee] to find the lowest price among 10 thousand merchants.
Check out the product description and product image to know more about the product.
- Place your cursor on image, you can see a zoom-in image.
- Scroll down to see more details about product description, product information and customer reviews, it may help you to make smart decision!
Just click the yellow “Add to Cart” button if you decide to buy it! Don’t forget to confirm the item is available to ship to your country and check out the *shipping fees* and *estimated import fees deposit* by clicking “Details” below the price.
- If Amazon doesn’t offer shipping of the item you really love to your country, or you think the shipping cost is too high, you can choose forwarding services like [buyipee] to help you. So, you can ship the items to their address in the US, and they will forward your order to your place with international shipping.
- The import fees deposit stated is an estimate of charges of customs duties, taxes or fees when goods are imported into a country. You will be refunded in 60 days if it cost less; if it costs more, don’t worry, Amazon will cover the extra cost!
If you done adding your desired items to your cart, click “Cart” which on the upper right, and click “Proceed to checkout” to make purchase.
Amazon will ask you to sign in again to confirm your identity before making purchase. Just enter the email and password which you registered. Click “Sign in” button below to continue.
Enter your shipping address for the order, then click “Continue”, if you're sending items to more than one address, click the "Add another address" button to enter additional addresses.
Here to confirm your shipping details and choose a delivery option which is best for you. Click “Continue” to enter payment section.
- Chosen of delivery options is depending on how fast you want it to reach, and it will affect the cost. Kindly refer to below shipping rates and estimated time needed to Asia & Pacific Islands:
- Standard shipping (9 to 14 business days) is available to addresses in Hong Kong, India, Republic of Korea, and Taiwan, starting at $4.99 per shipment;
- Expedited Shipping (5 to 10 business days) is available for addresses in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, new Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Taiwan, starting at $13.99 per shipment.
For more details: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201118330
Amazon accepts 4 payment methods as shown below, you can add your payment methods by filling your details and click “Continue”.
In the last step, you can see your shipping address, payment method, billing address, your order detail, the total amount of the order, etc from left to right. Just confirm that all the information here is filled in correctly. Last, click the yellow button "Place your order" on the upper right to complete your first purchase of Amazon!
You can choose your payment currency and aware of the exchange rate, for example you pay for your order using your Taiwan’s debit card, Amazon will need to convert those pounds to new taiwan dollars.